In addition to my own write-ups, I am launching a weekly series of curated readings. These articles will most often be related to Asian business or investing topics, but on occasion might have a broader focus. Happy reading!
- Hoping for alpha: Second quarter report and update from investor Claire Barnes, manager of the Apollo Asia Fund.
- Why Hong Kong was at its best in the late 1980s: Richard Harris writes about living and working in Hong Kong during the final years of the country’s booming decade.
- China revisited: Glenn Solomon, a partner at GGV capital, shares his insights from a recent business trip to China.
- Vietnam churns investor interest: WSJ article about the government’s decision to remove the foreign ownership limit on Vinamilk.
- Uber gives app: Article in The Economist on the recently announced merger between Uber and Didi Chuxing.