This week’s readings include the transcript from Emmanuel Daniel’s presentation at the Huawei Connect Summit 2016, insights from Aswath Damodaran on the workings of the venture capital industry and reflections on Cathay Pacific’s last 747 flight.
- Let’s kill core banking: Emmanuel Daniel, chairman of the Asian Banker, discusses how technology and data are reshaping the banking industry.
- Musings on markets: Aswath Damodaran of NYU argues that venture capital is a pricing (and not a value) game.
- Memories fly aboard Cathay Pacific’s last 747 flight: Simon Parry writes about the end of an era following the company’s retirement of the iconic jumbo jet.
- The dangers of farsightedness: Is Thailand’s economic plan putting too much focus on the long term and neglecting the short term?
- Barron’s Asia roundtable: Anh Lu, Erwin Sanft, Ronald Chan, and Michelle Leung share their views on Asian equity markets and what’s next for the region.