This week’s readings include thoughts on the imminent spin-off of Yum’s China business, the most recent diary entry from the Arisaig investment team and Lee Chee Koon on Singapore’s economic future.
- Yum! Brands spins off its China franchise: An update on the spin-off and highlights of the company’s China franchise.
- Arisaig Partners: Updates on the firm’s investments in Dali Foods and Foshan Haitian. Both companies are operating in an increasingly challenging Chinese packaged food market.
- Economic disruption and our children’s future: Lee Chee Koon on Singaporean workers can better prepare themselves for an uncertain future.
- Courage is the key to investing: Jason Zweig on the timeless investing lessons we can learn from the great John Maynard Keynes.
- The insider: Robert Halili of Asia Insider provides an update on recent insider buying at Shangri-La Asia hotels and seven other China companies.