This week’s readings include the third quarter report from Claire Barnes of the Apollo Asia Fund, Cameron Robertson’s thoughts on the changing media landscape and a look at the increasing use of automation across industries in Singapore.
- Muzzled tigers: Claire Barnes on improving market procedures in Vietnam and the endangerment of free speech in much of Asia.
- The changing media landscape: Cameron Robertson of Platinum Asset Management on the high-level trends in the media space and how the firm seeks to turn those trends into investment ideas.
- Why Singapore wants its food courts to be run by machines, not people: The country is increasingly turning to machines to increase productivity and replace low-end manpower.
- Cyrus Mistry hits back at being ousted from Tata: An update on the recent sacking of Cyrus Mistry and the implications for the Tata group.
- Public letter 2Q 2016: Benjamin Koh’s most recent newsletter to investors. He shares his views on the markets and discusses the various mechanisms of corporate control.