This week’s readings include the transcript from DPM Tharman’s recent conversation on the role of government in the new economy, an article on the divergent strategies of Netflix and Amazon in India as well as detailed notes from a number of recent investment conferences (via Market Folly).
- Countries that speed up learning the most will win: Edited transcript of DPM Tharman’s conversation with Dominic Barton at the McKinsey Innovation Forum held in Singapore recently.
- Netflix, Amazon take divergent paths to reach Indian audience: Netflix relies on its global programming, while Amazon goes local with its video streaming service.
- Summaries of recent investment conferences: Market Folly’s coverage of and notes from recent investment conferences including Capitalise for Kids, Invest for Kids and Sohn San Francisco.
- An uncertain community: India’s biggest minority grows anxious about its future.
- Emerging markets roundtable: Andrew Foster (Seafarer), Arjun Divecha (GMO), Michael Kass (Baron) and Matthew Benkendorf (Vontobel) share their outlook for emerging markets.