This week’s readings include a NYT profile of Yale’s David Swensen, an opinion piece by George Magnus on the omens for a Trump presidency and thoughts on the recent demonetisation of 500 and 1000 rupee notes in India.
- The money management gospel of Yale’s endowment guru: A look at the management style of David Swensen and the influence of the “Yale model” in the world of endowment management.
- Not in Kansas anymore: George Magnus says he is more concerned for the structure of the global system than he is for the economic consequences of a Trump presidency.
- Taking notes: The Indian government’s assault on black money has been lauded by some but there are also likely to be some unintended consequences.
- Arisaig Partners: Insights from the firm’s recent analyst forum in Singapore, including some of the trends shaping the consumer sector in Asia.
- Chipotle eats itself: A detailed look at Chipotle’s efforts to turn itself around after recent food safety and drug scandals.