This week’s readings include market commentary for November from the Aberdeen Asian equity team, a blog post by Michael Pettis on the policy trade-offs facing the Chinese government and a look at the recent crackdown on black money in India.
- Aberdeen’s monthly commentary (November 2016): The Asian equity team share their outlook for Asian markets and discuss recent portfolio updates.
- Choosing more debt, more unemployment, or transfers: Professor Michael Pettis writes about the policy choices facing Beijing as it tries to manage through the adjustment process.
- Narendra Modi’s bonfire of the rupees: A look at the ongoing debate over the the Indian government’s crackdown on black money.
- James Hay on BFM: The manager of the Pangolin Fund discusses the firm’s investment strategy and shares his views on the Indonesian equity market.
- China set to top U.S. in number of movie screens: The rapid growth in screens outside big cities means the country is on track to become the world’s largest film market before the end this year.