This week’s readings include the latest annual report of the Vietnam Opportunity Fund, a reflective letter from Peter Churchouse to his younger self and an interview with Professor Lee Sing-Kong on why global competence is increasingly important in today’s world.
- 2016 annual report: Full year results for VinaCapital’s Vietnam Opportunity Fund. Includes commentary on how the board plans to manage the fund’s discount to NAV.
- To Peter, 47 years ago: Peter Churchouse writes a letter to his 20 year old self.
- Investing in Asia: Mary Manning of Ellerston Investments on the key thematics that are likely to drive Asian equity markets in the medium term.
- Why Slack & WeChat have gone to work: Glenn Solomon of GGV looks at the drivers of messaging, networking and collaboration services in the world of work.
- How Singapore readies its students for a globalised world: Professor Lee Sing-Kong speaks with the Asia Society about how the country teaches its students global competence.