This week’s readings include recommendations for the book of the year from a range of global leaders, a review of John Pomfret’s new book on the centuries-old relationship between the US and China and a new research report published by Matthews Asia.
- The best books of 2016: Leaders from the worlds of academia, finance, industry, politics and technology put forward their candidates for the best read of the year.
- The history of tough talk on China: Howard French reviews John Pomfret’s “The Beautiful Country and the Middle Kingdom.”
- Strategies for investment in Asia: Research report on North American institutional investors’ plans, priorities, and strategies for investment in the region.
- India technology M&A industry monitor: Signal Hill report on the technology ecosystem in India and the outlook for M&A activity in the sector.
- The world after Trump and Brexit: Chris Patten, the last British governor of Hong Kong, discusses the new state of the world and Hong Kong’s continued fight for democracy.