This week’s readings include Seafarer Overseas Value Fund’s 4Q 2016 portfolio review, Ashmore’s Jan Dehn on why America’s strong dollar policy has outlived its purpose and Yuen Yuen Ang on how China’s development story can be an alternative to the Western model.
- Portfolio review, fourth quarter 2016: Seafarer’s Paul Espinosa discusses recent changes to the portfolio and shares his outlook for emerging markets in 2017.
- Weak dollar policy: Ashmore’s Jan Dehn on how a weak dollar and inflation might contribute to resolving America’s economic problems.
- How China’s development story can be an alternative to the Western model: Professor Yuen Yuen Ang on how China has used a mix of direction and improvisation to spark growth.
- December 2016 update, Komodo Fund: James Bryson on the outlook for the Indonesian economy in 2017 and the prospects for “new economy” investment opportunities in the listed market.
- GMO quarterly letter: End of year commentary from both Ben Inker and Jeremy Grantham.