This week’s readings include an Economist article on the Asian “model” of migration, the 2016 full year review from Lumiere Capital, a short interview with James Hay of the Pangolin fund and an approach to valuing Snap ahead of its IPO.
- Waiting to make their move: Asia’s looming labour shortage.
- Arisaig Partners: Fund updates for January 2017. Includes commentary on a number of India holdings including Godrej, Trent, Colgate and Dabur.
- 2016 full year review: Annual letter and update from Lumiere Capital. Includes detailed commentary on China Yuchai International.
- My Snap story: Professor Aswath Damodaran looks at the valuation of Snap ahead of its IPO and why the founders position it as a camera company.
- Astro Awani interview with James Hay: The manager of the Pangolin Fund discusses why Bank Negara’s current approach to managing the ringgit needs to be reconsidered.