This week’s readings include a look at how Tencent’s WeChat is shaping the future of the mobile internet, Philip Bowring’s thoughts on ethnic diversity and integration in Hong Kong as well as Stephen Roach on the globalisation disconnect.
- WeChat’s world: How WeChat shows the way to social media’s future.
- Singapore’s first Olympic gold provides a lesson…: Philip Bowring on how Hong Kong can learn a lesson on ethnic integration from its neighbour.
- The globalisation disconnect: Stephen Roach writes about how theory vs. practice have diverged.
- Knowledge is power: Scott Fearon on the trait of intellectual curiosity.
- Lunch with the FT: Larry Harvey, “Chief Philosophic Officer” of Burning Man, talks about the festival and its underlying principles.