This week’s readings include Neal Cross of DBS on the truths and myths about fintech, Jardine Matheson’s preliminary announcement of its 2016 results, Arisaig’s February letter, Jeff Towson on how Alibaba is disrupting Chinese entertainment and Kishore Mahbubani on the Asean miracle.
- The fintech files: Neal Cross of DBS shares three truths and two myths about fintech in a conversation with Larry Cao from the CFA Institute.
- Jardine’s 2016 results: Always an interesting read and, in my view, the best pulse of the Asian consumer across Greater China and Southeast Asia.
- February letter: Arisaig’s monthly update. Includes commentary on holdings in India and Korea.
- How Alibaba is disrupting Chinese entertainment: Jeff Towson on how the company is laying the groundwork to be a major player in the media and entertainment space.
- How fear, luck and golf brought Asean together: Kishore Mahbubani on the Asean miracle.