This week’s readings include letters from the Pangolin and Panah funds, a talk by James Stent on the untold story of China’s banking transformation, a look at the rapidly changing media & entertainment landscape in China and a wide-ranging interview with Mark Zuckerberg.
- March letter: James Hay discusses his outlook for Malaysia. Other members of his team also share their experiences and thoughts on the country’s education system.
- Letter to investors Q1 2017: The Panah Fund team share their market outlook and reflect on market structure, disclosure and governance issues in Asia. Very good read.
- China’s banking transformation: the untold story: James Stent talks about his new book, which aims to provide a more balanced perspective on China’s banking system.
- Will Alibaba, Tencent, or Wanda win in Chinese entertainment?: Jeff Towson looks at which of the current front-runners is likely to win in China’s rapidly changing entertainment landscape.
- Mark Zuckerberg on fake news, free speech and what drives Facebook: A candid, wide-ranging interview with the CEO of Facebook.