This week’s readings include reflections from the team at Platinum Asset Management on their long term investment in Samsung Electronics, an interview with Joe Studwell about the importance of agriculture in economic development and an Economist piece on the change of mood in Hong Kong over the past few years.
- Samsung Electronics – twenty years: The investment team at Platinum Asset Management on their 20 year association with Samsung Electronics.
- How to grow Burma’s economy: Joe Studwell on why governments of developing countries should support smallholder agriculture.
- A spot of localist bother: Changes in how Hong Kong has come to see itself in recent years.
- The bonfire of venture capital: Aswath Damodaran on how to think about cash burn.
- The rise and fall of nations: Henny Sender from the FT reviews Ruchir Sharma’s new book.