This week’s readings include a look at how some Chinese companies are encouraging employee share purchase programs by guaranteeing them against losses, a review of “One Nation Under Gold” by James Grant, a recap of the Anbang story, Peter Tasker on how labour shortages will change Japan and a spotlight on tiger farms in Southeast Asia.
- Guaranteeing employees against losses: Such programs have implications about leverage in China and how losses may be distributed within the banking system.
- Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road: James Grant reviews “One Nation Under Gold.”
- China detains chairman of Anbang: A recap of the story.
- Rise of the robocats: Peter Tasker on how labour shortages will change Japan.
- Asia’s illegal wildlife trade makes tigers a farm-to-table meal: A spotlight on tiger farms in Southeast Asia.