This week’s readings include a conversation with Seth Fischer of Oasis Capital Management, short interviews with three of Asia’s leading hoteliers, a look at the decades-long quest to bring down Bloomberg, thoughts on the recent ousting of Nawaz Sharif and an opinion piece on how Hong Kong and China are forging a new innovation economy.
- Interview with Seth Fischer: The founder and CIO of Oasis Capital Management says the Nikkei could double with broad corporate governance reform.
- Room to dare: Short interviews with three of Asia’s leading hoteliers (Adrian Zecha, Choe Peng Sum and Yoshiharu Hoshino).
- Can anyone bury Bloomberg?: Dan Weil of Institutional Investor on the decades-long quest to bring down a financial information giant.
- Pakistan’s court sets a dangerous precedent: Professor Aqil Shah on the ousting of Nawaz Sharif.
- Bay Area 2.0: Wharton Dean Geoffrey Garrett on how Hong Kong and China are forging a new innovation economy.