This week’s readings include thoughts from Euromoney’s Chris Wright on how to fix Hong Kong’s markets, Cederberg Capital’s July letter, an FT interview with Standard Chartered’s Simon Cooper, a SCMP profile of Cafe de Coral and Jeff Towson on how Starbucks succeeded in China.
- How to fix Hong Kong’s markets: How does HKEx get the environment right when everyone has a different idea of what is wrong?
- Cederberg July letter: The team at Cedeberg analyse their three biggest investment mistakes.
- The man tasked with helping StanChart get back on top: Simon Cooper revels in the chance to reinvigorate the bank’s brand.
- Cafe de Coral: Short profile of the Chinese fast food restaurant group in the SCMP.
- Starbucks in China: Jeffrey Towson on how the American coffee company succeeded in a notoriously difficult market.