This week’s readings / videos include a talk by Michael Vatikiotis on power and conflict in modern Southeast Asia, a roundtable discussion on the future of bitcoin, the latest shareholder update from Symphony International Holdings, summary notes from the 2017 Delivering Alpha conference and an interview with Liu Qiangdong, the founder of JD.com.
- Power and conflict in Southeast Asia: Michael Vatikiotis discusses his new book.
- The future of bitcoin: David Webb, Leonhard Wesse and Jesse Friedlander discuss the prospects for the cryptocurrency on RTHK’s Backchat.
- 2Q 2017 report: Latest shareholder update from Symphony International Holdings.
- Delivering Alpha 2017: Summary notes from the event courtesy of Market Folly.
- Interview with Liu Qiangdong: The founder of JD.com has lunch with the FT.