This week’s readings include the August newsletter from the Komodo Fund, a conversation with Grant Williams of Real Vision TV, a look at how private equity in Asia is changing, why a China-owned port in Sri Lanka could alter global trade routes and a review of a new exhibition of Southeast Asian artists at the Asia Society Museum.
- August 2017 newsletter: Update from the Komodo Fund. Commentary on a number of holdings including Matahari Department Stores, Nippon Indosari and Wijaya Karya Beton.
- Interview with Grant Williams: The founder of Real Vision TV discusses quantitative tightening and cryptocurrencies.
- How private equity in Asia is changing: An interview with Pamela Fung, a principal at Morgan Stanley Alternate Investment Partners.
- China-owned port in Sri Lanka could alter trade routes: China’s ambitions for sleepy Hambantota could shift world trade routes.
- Southeast Asia stakes its claim in the art world: Thoughts on the Asia Society Museum’s new exhibition “After Darkness: Southeast Asian Art in the Wake of History.”