This week’s readings / links include a presentation by David Webb on the most fundament issue in HK corporate governance, Rick Bookstaber on our low risk (low volatility) world, Benjamin Koh’s Q3 investor letter, Jack Miles on how we can reduce our carbon footprint and Dan Rasmussen on the gospel according to Michael Porter.
- If only INEDs were independent: Recent presentation by David Webb on the most fundamental issue in HK corporate governance.
- Our low risk (low volatility) world: Blog post by Rick Bookstaber, Chief Risk Officer for the endowment of the University of California.
- Public letter 3Q 2017: Latest update from Benjamin Koh of Lighthouse Advisors. Also, see a recent presentation he gave to the Hong Kong Society of Financial Analysts.
- For the love of Earth, stop travelling: Jack Miles on how we can reduce our carbon footprint.
- The gospel according to Michael Porter: HBS professor Michael Porter has influenced generations of MBAs and world-famous value investors. But could his investing ideas be wrong?