This week’s readings / links include Jim O’Neill on the abnormality of oil, the NYT on how a generation in Japan faces a lonely death, Glenn Solomon on why multi-cloud is the next big thing in technology, Yves Smith on a new paper that confirms a long-standing criticism of private equity and a look at Coca-Cola’s new India strategy.
- The abnormality of oil: Jim O’Neill shares his outlook for oil prices.
- A generation in Japan faces a lonely death: The extreme isolation of elderly Japanese is so common that an entire industry has emerged around it.
- Going long: Glenn Solomon on why multi-cloud is the next big thing in technology.
- Debunking private equity: General partners misrepresent fund values in ways that make them look more flattering to investors
- Will Coca-Cola’s new India strategy have fizz or go flat?: Article from Knowledge@Wharton.