Final weekly reading list of 2017. Happy new year!
- Recalling Singapore’s forgotten unions: The long-ruling PAP first rose to power on the back of the working class – a once strong, now politically co-opted constituency.
- George Soros and the demonization of philanthropy: Conspiracy theories about him obscure the real concerns about how large-scale giving works today.
- The rebirth of Japanese stocks: The Asian nation is starting to look like a model case in the management of an aging, mature society.
- Unlocking cities: The impact of ridesharing in Southeast Asia and beyond.
- GMO quarterly letter: Investing in a world of overpriced assets.