This week’s readings / links include a look at China’s war on poverty, an interview with Richard Liu (founder of JD.com), a profile of Mark Mobius, why Chinese workers are abandoning Silicon Valley for riches back home and short interviews with David Webb and Wang Lihong (Bain Capital).
- China’s war on poverty could hurt the poor most: The government is pushing people out of rural squalor – and into urban dependence.
- Interview with Richard Liu: JD.com’s founder discusses the rapidly changing tastes and preferences of Chinese fashion and luxury consumers.
- Mark Mobius to retire after 30 years: Veteran investor put developing nations on the radar of global investors.
- Chinese workers abandon Silicon Valley for riches back home: An exodus triggered by abundant capital, growing innovation and flourishing career opportunities.
- Short interviews with David Webb and Wang Lihong (Bain Capital).