This week’s readings / links include the Q4 2017 report from Platinum Asset Management, a look at “gray rhinos” in China, a book recommendation from Bill Gates, an interview with Ed Thorp and Bilahari Kausikan on why Trump’s global retreat is an illusion.
- Platinum Q4 2017 report: Includes commentaries from the International, Asia and Japan Fund Managers, as well as feature articles on autonomous vehicles and the hype surrounding bitcoin.
- In China, herd of ‘gray rhinos’ threatens economy: Large and visible problems in the economy that are ignored until they start moving too fast.
- My new favourite book of all time: Bill Gates reviews Steven Pinker’s Enlightenment Now.
- Words from the wise: AQR interview with Ed Thorp.
- Trump’s global retreat is an illusion: The US maintains global role, while China struggles to project power.