This week’s readings include the transcript from an interview with Ken Siazon of Southeastern Asset Management, a short profile of Singapore-based hedge fund LyGH Capital and thoughts on Li Ka-shing’s recent investment in China’s Postal Savings Bank.
- Interview with Ken Siazon: Southeastern Asset Management’s Singapore-based portfolio manager talks about managing a go-anywhere, all-cap Asia Pacific strategy.
- LyGH Capital profile (Bloomberg): Grace Lu discusses her fund’s top consumer-related picks including Red Star Macalline, Best Pacific International and Guangzhou Automobile.
- Standard Chartered is trying to get out of private equity: A spin-off of the bank’s investment arm would create one of the larger emerging markets-focused private equity firms.
- In conversation with David Webb: A wide-ranging interview with the Hong Kong-based investor and publisher of the Webb-Site.
- Li Ka-shing’s investment in Postal Savings Bank: Shirley Yam of the SCMP on how money alone cannot explain the billionaire’s HK$10 billion bet.