This week’s readings include a second quarter update from Andrew Limond (manager of the Panah Fund), an interview with Louis Gave of GaveKal Research and a Bloomberg piece on the trends shaping the consumer landscape in China.
- Letter to investors Q2 2016: Update from Andrew Limond, who runs the Panah Fund. The letter includes a section outlining their macroeconomic outlook for Vietnam.
- Louis Gave on what’s got him worried: The CEO and founder of GaveKal research shares his views on China, global markets and how he is positioning his portfolio.
- The twilight of China’s online consumer paradise: How industry consolidation and a “deepening investment drought” are shaping the consumer landscape in China.
- Agreeing to agree: Thoughts on ASEAN and the upcoming summit in Vientiane.
- Evoke 2015 – Democracy: A talk by James Crabtree from the Financial Times on the role of the media in a well-functioning democracy.