This week’s readings / links include an update on Oasis Management’s investment in Pasona, a look at the political situation in Cambodia, a conversation with David Swensen, how Bill Browder became an enemy of the Russian state and an interview with Dr. William Rees.
- Hong Kong-based activist fund ups pressure on Japan’s Pasona: Oasis Management plans management buyout of Japanese company.
- Cambodia bids farewell to democracy: Supreme Court rules to dissolve the opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party, effectively making premier Hun Sen ruler of a one party state.
- A conversation with David Swensen: Keynote session of the Stephen C. Freidheim Symposium on Global Economics.
- Bill Browder, Putin enemy no. 1: How an American-born businessman became an enemy of the Russian state.
- What’s driving the planet’s accelerating species collapse?: Interview with Dr. William Rees, professor emeritus at UBC’s School of Community and Regional Planning.